Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Six Months!!

Six months feels like a big milestone! So blessed that Baby Girl is healthy and everything is going great.

I love this pic.
Sorry about Snickers' eyes, the pic was taken with Chris' phone.

After my golf lesson tonight.

Side profile. Chris calls my belly a bowling ball. My 7 year old niece found out about this over the weekend and said to me, "I love your bowling ball Melissa." Too cute.



How Far Along: 24 Weeks
Size of baby: Baby Girl gained about 4 ounces since last week. This puts her at just over a pound. Since she's almost a foot long (about the length of an ear of corn), she cuts a pretty lean figure at this point, but her body is filling out proportionally and she'll soon start to plump up. Her brain is also growing quickly now, and her taste buds are continuing to develop. Her lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help her air sacs inflate once she hits the outside world. Her skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon.
Total Weight Gain: 9 lbs.

Maternity Clothes: Wearing a combo of both and love all my new maternity clothes!
Gender: We're having a Baby Girl!!! Side note: we are going to keep Baby Girl's name a secret :)

Movement: Yes! She moves all day long. Baby Girl moves a ton when I lay down at night. She's also started moving a ton right when I wake up. Guess she's ready for the day to begin!

Sleep: Sleeping pretty good. I took a few naps over the weekend which was wonderful.

Symptoms: My sciatic nerve in my lower back is killing me. I know this is common with pregnancy. I've been trying to do certain stretches to help and also put heat on it every day.
What I miss: ???
Cravings: Toast with peanut butter. The past few days I've been SO hungry. I haven't been able to get enough food. Hopefully I'm going through a growth spurt!

Best Moment of the Week: Spending Saturday at the zoo with my nieces. It's so fun to see things through their eyes.

What I am looking forward to: Working on the nursery this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment