Monday, January 3, 2011

New Years Eve

Let's be honest here, I'm not the life of the party these days. And I also think NYE is very overrated. With that said, Chris and I decided to stay in for NYE. It was wonderful! I loved spending NYE in my sweatpants and Ugg slippers. We cooked a great dinner, watched movies, and counted down the minutes until midnight. And surprisingly, I made it until midnight. We were all a little surprised!

Snickers and I hanging out on the couch. I think Snickers has loved the 2010 Holiday Season more than we have because we've been home SO much this year.

My mocktail of choice for the evening. One of my girlfriends got me hooked on these. They are so good (and very low calorie)!
Fruit flavored sparkling water, just a dash of pomegranate juice and fresh limes. Delicious!!

Place settings.

Chris is about to enjoy our delicious dinner.
We had beef tenderloin, stacked potatoes, green bean casserole, salad, and rolls. SO good!

Someone sat at our feet hoping for a bite of NYE tenderloin.


And my favorite part...Dessert! Yum! We had to try a bite of all three mini-desserts.

We watched this movie after dinner. I don't think it got the best reviews but we both enjoyed it.
A low-key NYE was perfect for us for 2010! We definitely had some ups and downs this year and it was fun to talk about our favorite moments this year. My favorite moment of the year was around our 10 week doctor's appointment when we found out that our baby was healthy and growing rapidly. Chris said his favorite moment was when we found out we were having a Baby Girl. Sweet.
Can't wait to see what 2011 brings. We know it will be the best yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment