Monday, March 16, 2009

March Book Club

Every month I look forward to book club. I love getting together with my friends, discussing the book (and which current day actors we picture playing the characters of the book..haha), and having a great dinner. Whitney picked out the book and hosted this month.

The husbands have started their own 'book club' night as well. It consists of going to someones house or a sports bar. And let's be honest here, I'm sure the guys enjoy a night away from us.

Here was this month's book...
I really wasn't a big fan of this book. It was about a very disfunctional family. My family is actually very normal compared to this family :)! Even though I didn't enjoy the book, I liked hearing all of my friends' thoughts on the book. I guess that's what book club is all about.
Bottom line..I wouldn't recommend The Glass Castle.

Whitney used her wedding china for dinner. Very elegant :)

We had chicken fajitas for dinner.

Brooke and me. It was Brooke's first book club!
We let it slide that she didn't read the book. I think she only had about two weeks notice.

Whitney and Emily

Annie and Lindsey

Whitney and her sisters started a company called The Cookie Sheet. They make really cute sugar cookies for showers, parties, etc. Whitney needed to make two dozen for a shower that Annie and Lindsey were going to. She made them while we were all there and we watched in awe as she decorated.
Side note...I gave up sweets for Lent but all the other girls said the cookies were delicious! Whitney is making me my own plate for Easter :).

The precious cookies!

The damage at the end of the evening.
What happened to Whitney's clean table??
Our next book is called Water for Elephants..I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment