Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The Big 2-7!

Tuesday was my birthday! I turned the big 2-7! It sounds pretty old but I also know that 27 will be one of the best years yet. Can't imagine why?? :)

Thank you so much to all my friends and family for the sweet birthday wishes! And I still did a little celebrating today with a work lunch and a fun dinner tonight.

Here are some pics from my actual b-day - Sept. 14!

Me and the Hubs at dinner. We went to one of our favorite restaurants, Cafe Trio.
We both got a good laugh out of this picture. Chris looks like he's about to fall asleep (too tired from the Chiefs game the night before) and Chris said I looked like I was thinking "How much longer until this date is over?" HAHA. Us Clarksons need to get out act together!

My dinner. Actually Chris and I shared two entrees. This is called the Mac Daddy. It was voted the best Mac and Cheese in KC. Couldn't agree more! The best part is bringing home all the leftovers. We barely ate half of it.


Birthday cheesecake. Let me just tell you that this was my second dessert for the day. I had a huge piece of chocolate birthday cake at lunch. Who counts calories on their birthday? Or when they're pregnant???

The beautiful flowers Chris got me. I LOVED them.

SO pretty!

Chris' gift to me. I HAD to take a pic of the wrapping. Love it.

My birthday dress from Chris! I've been very frustrated with my clothes lately and Chris hears about it. He picked out this maternity cocktail dress from a Pea in the Pod. The picture doesn't really do it justice. It's a really dark navy with black beading. I can't wait to wear it! It will be great for weddings and holiday parties. And the best part - it will fit!
note: not sure why Pea in the Pod cuts the heads of the models on the website. Maybe I should write them and offer to model for the site. Earn a little cash and a great discount..
And here are the gifts from my family. Besides giving me a little something to pick out whatever I wanted (I think I'm going to splurge on boots or a diaper bag!), Baby Girl got a ton of Birthday gifts. I'm sure it will be like this for the rest of my life and I am more than fine with it.
My manager gave me a card and wrote on the inside "Enjoy eating your cake this year. It will be the last year that you won't have a child in your lap helping you blow out the candles." So true. And I can't wait.
Here are all of Baby Girl's gifts:
Precious outfit. I love the orange and green! Yes, that is a huge flower headband.

Snow hats with matching mittens. My mom got one size bigger so hopefully Baby Girl can wear them for two winters.
Socks from Mudpie. Best brand ever. If you have a little girl, you must check it out.
And I saved the best for last...

There really are no words. Too cute. Baby Girl can wear this when I'm on the LPGA tour.

It was a Wonderful Birthday and I can't wait for the exciting events of the year to come!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry I missed your Birthday. It's written down on every calendar I own and I still forgot to email/call/text you!!! I hope this year is one of your best years ever!!!! I love you! Happy LATE Birthday!

    ReplyDelete