Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Brunch, Babies, and Cupcakes!

I joined the Junior League last Spring. I lucked out because I was placed in the BEST small group our new member year. I think there are approx. 14 of us. We've all remained friends even though the group doesn't meet for 'official' Junior League business anymore. All of us are basically in the same stage in life and also live in the same area of KC. There are currently 3 of us expecting!

We try to get together every couple of months. This past weekend, we had brunch and a couple girls organized a little baby surprise for us preggies. Everyone was asked to bring their favorite children's book. We also celebrated with cupcakes for Baby Cakes...so yum! We had a smaller turn out than usual and some last minute cancels but still had a blast with our little group. Thank you girls for organizing!!

Erin (pregnant with Miss Ellen and due exactly one week after me), Me, Laura Y., Joanna (pregnant with Baby Boy Brown and due the first week of Dec.) and Laura H.

The weather was perfect and we were able to sit outside at the Classic Cup.

As you can imagine, we had several left over cupcakes. We each got to take some home. And yes, I shared with Chris.
I'm so fortunate to have met these wonderful ladies! Can't wait for our next get together!!

1 comment:

  1. it was so much fun and I'm so thankful for you girls!!! hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete