Wednesday, November 10, 2010

G is for Girlie

My mom hosted our first baby shower last weekend! It was a ladies only shower in Naples. We are so blessed to have lots of friends and family who are just as excited about Baby Girl as we are. One of the cards we received said 'G is for Girlie' I love that!

It was a mid-afternoon shower with light lunch items (fruit, cheese, quiche, salad, etc.) and of course, cupcakes!

I think I was chatting so much that I didn't get a ton of pictures.

For all my friends and family in FL- Thank you all so much for coming to the shower and celebrating Baby Girl Clarkson!

Now for the pictures...

All of my aunts, cousins, and Grandma came to Naples from the East Coast of FL. Here's a family pic with all the cousins.
Natalie and me. Nat is from Naples and also went to SMU.

BFF Cee Cee.
This picture makes me do a double take..look at that baby belly!

One of the many adorable outfits. Every baby girl needs ruffles on her behind!

Fruit salad in a baby cradle. I can't believe this is the only pic of food I have. Trust me though- it was all so good!

I told my mom that I didn't want to play any games. Well, she convinced me that one would be fine. We all guessed how big my belly is! I think my Aunt Dana had the best quote from this game, 'No win but no offend!' HAHA.

My cousin Dani.

My Aunt Dana and Aunt Noel were in charge on the diaper cake. Dana is probably the most creative person I know. She went above and beyond on the diaper cake. I've never seen anything like it. Every layer had speciality ordered organic diapers. I didn't even know they made those! Each layer had a ton of different things on there.
My mom is shipping it back to KC so Chris can see the cake in all it's glory!

First view of the cake. Amazing.

Close up of one side. Bottles, medicine, wash cloths, shoes, rattles, stuffed animals, hair bows and oh yeah, diapers!

LOVE the Ugg boots and Mary Jane's.

Pacifiers and pink metallic shoes!


Everyone was SO generous with gifts. My mom also asked guests to bring their favorite baby book. I loved that! And we didn't get one duplicate book!
All of the amazing things. Can't say thank you enough!

A close up of some of the gifts.
No doubt we are having a baby girl. Look at all that pink!

Thank you so much for hosting Mom!!! The shower was a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment