Tuesday, November 16, 2010

30 Weeks

30 Weeks! Feels like another big milestone. Speaking of Big..Check out Baby Girl! I've definitely popped more this week. I've had several people tell me it's the first time they can actually tell I'm preggers. I've also been told that I'm starting to carry a lot higher than I was.

Me and Baby Girl at 30 weeks.
a little sneak peak of her nursery walls with her drapes.
How Far Along: 30 Weeks

Size of baby: Baby Girl is about 15.7 inches long now, and she weighs almost 3 pounds (like a head of cabbage). A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds her, but that volume will decrease as she gets bigger and takes up more room in your uterus. Her eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after she's born, she'll keep her eyes closed for a good part of the day. When she does open them, she'll respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision – which means she can only make out objects a few inches from her face. (Normal adult vision is 20/20.)

Total Weight Gain: 12lbs

Maternity Clothes: I'm very lucky to have friends give me some hand-me-downs! I feel like I have several new options now...Thanks Em!!!

Gender: We're having a Baby Girl!!! Side note: we are going to keep Baby Girl's name a secret :)

Movement: I love feeling her move all the time. She kicked Chris pretty hard the other day. His response was 'She's in trouble!'. HAHA

Sleep: I've been sleeping much better! I love the new time change. I can get in bed earlier and feel rested when I wake up early.

Symptoms: Last week my dr. asked me if I've had any contractions. My immediate answer was no, but she said most first time moms don't know what they feel like and they're pretty common at this stage in pregnancy. After talking with my doctor and my friends, I now know what a Braxton Hicks contraction feels like and I've had several. Not painful at all, just tight. My belly button also looks like it's going to pop out. We'll see...
What I miss: I cut back on running this week. I still feel great working out but power-walking just doesn't cut it. Totally not worth pushing it though :)

Cravings: Cookies from The Classic Cookie (in KC). I would recommend the Ginger, Peanut Butter, and Oatmeal Scotties. I had lunch there over the weekend and brought some cookies home. Chris and I have been snacking on them for a few days and they are SO good. Might need to make a trip back to get a second batch.
I think Baby Girl and I are going through a growth spurt because I can't eat enough the past couple of days!

Best Moment of the Week: Had a great weekend with Chris and Friends. We ended up doing things Friday and Saturday night, which we don't usually do.
My doctor's appointment went great last week too! Everything is perfect with Baby Girl. I go to the doctor every two weeks now and start going weekly at 36 weeks.

What I am Looking Forward to: My mom is coming to KC this weekend! We're so excited for our first KC shower. Also really looking forward to our 3D/4D sonogram on Friday. I'll definitely share the pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment