Tuesday, October 26, 2010

27 Weeks...

Sorry for the lack of posting this week. We have been busy! I think my sister's exact words were "Update your blog Lady!" When I told her that I've been busy she responded with, "Too busy for your blog??" Ha!

Stay tuned for a few more posts this week....

Here is our weekly update! I'm getting bigger every day!



How Far Along: 27 Weeks

Size of baby: This week, Baby Girl weighs almost 2 pounds (like a head of cauliflower) and is about 14 1/2 inches long with her legs extended. She's sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing her eyes, and perhaps even sucking her fingers. With more brain tissue developing, Baby Girl's brain is very active now. While her lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning — with a lot of medical help — if she were born now. Chalk up any tiny rhythmic movements I've felt to a case of baby hiccups, which may be common from now on. This was the first week where I questioned if I felt the hiccups. Now I'm sure that's what they are!
Total Weight Gain: 10lbs

Maternity Clothes: Wearing a combo of both but maternity clothes are so much more comfortable. It would be really nice to have maternity golf clothes. I'm struggling with making things work. Good thing golf season is about over!

Gender: We're having a Baby Girl!!! Side note: we are going to keep Baby Girl's name a secret :)

Movement: The movements are stronger every day. Chris has been able to feel her a lot lately.

Sleep: Just sleeping okay. I fall asleep fine and nap great but I'm waking up a lot in the middle of the night.

Symptoms: A little worn out by the end of the day but other than that, I feel great.

What I miss: ??

Cravings: The usuals - toast and peanut butter, fruit, and some sweets :) We got home late one night and I made some toast because I was hungry. Chris asked me when the cravings were really going to hit. He said he expected that he'd always be going out to get me milkshakes and french fries. Maybe one day but not yet...

Best Moment of the Week: Going to the Dr. and finding out that Baby Girl is perfect! Her heartbeat was in the high 150's. My stomach is measuring a little small but we didn't do full measurements of the baby. Last time we did measurements, Baby Girl was measuring on the big side. I was also thrilled to find out that I didn't have gestational diabetes! I was a little concerned considering I have a sweet treat every day.
Also, Baby Girl's nursery was painted yesterday! We love the way it turned out.

What I am looking forward to: Once again..working on the nursery. The furniture comes Friday and the bedding should be here any day. I'll post pictures once the bedding comes. I can't wait to make up her crib.

No comments:

Post a Comment