Tuesday, December 14, 2010

8.5 Months!

I really feel like I've grown a lot over the past week. And with my current appetite, I'm sure Baby Girl is going through a growth spurt!


How Far Along: 34 Weeks

Size of Baby: Baby Girl weighs 4 and 3/4 lbs - about the size of a cantaloupe (as shown in the picture above!). She is about 18 inches long. Her fat layers are filling her out, making her rounder and will help regulate her body temperature once she's born. Her central nervous system is maturing and her lungs are continuing to mature as well. Babies born between 34-37 weeks that have no previous health problems, generally do fine! Thank God! But she can stay in a little while longer :)

Total Weight Gain: 15lbs and I'm feeling every ounce of that!

Maternity Clothes: With this cantaloupe, that's all I wear!

Gender: Baby Girl Clarkson!!

Movement: Baby Girl continues to move all day long. I've been feeling her little feet tickle my rib cage. It's a crazy feeling but I love it.

Sleep: Still not great at all. And I haven't been able to nap in a couple weeks either which is very unusual for me.
Symptoms: Lots of them. I definitely have a hard time getting comfortable. And I've been more fatigued and tired lately. I feel fine on the elliptical or power walking at the gym but going up and down our stairs kills me. I get out of breath so fast. I've also had some stomach pains where Baby Girl is squishing different parts of me. Laying on my side really helps this though.

What I miss: Being comfortable while sleeping.

Cravings: Nothing particular but I've been super hungry the past two days!

Best Moment of the Week: We had a a couple handymen at the house to work on some last projects before the baby comes. I know this sounds small but I was SO glad to get everything done.
What I am Looking Forward to: Lots of things this week! I have something every night until Sunday. We have our breastfeeding and childbirth classes (you know Chris is thrilled!), a few holiday parties, Christmas celebrations, and much more. Should be a fun week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment