Tuesday, December 28, 2010

9 Months of Pure Bliss

Yes, you read that right. I'm 9 months pregnant! Many people (especially males) think pregnancy is a total of 9 months. It's actually 10 months - 40 weeks. If you make it that long. I've definitely had my moments/difficult weeks with my pregnancy but overall, it's been wonderful. Not a day goes by that I'm not thankful for our baby. Not a kick or movement happens without me thinking it's amazing. I'm SO ready to meet our Baby Girl but I will definitely miss many things about my 9 (ten!) months of pregnancy!

I thought I'd include a picture of Chris and I for this milestone!
How Far Along: 36 weeks
Size of Baby: Baby Girl is about 6lbs and over 18.5 inches long! She's about the size of a crenshaw melon. She's shedding most of the downy hair that covered her body as well as the vernix caseosa, the waxy substance that protected her skin during her nine-month amniotic bath. Next week Baby Girl will be considered full-term!
Total Weight Gain: Over 17 lbs. The locker room at the gym was locked again this morning! I'll update when I get to a scale later this week.
Maternity Clothes: Still living in them. I've also purchased a few tops for after the baby is here.
Gender: Princess Clarkson!
Movement: Baby Girl still moves all day long. I can definitely tell where her feet and hands are. They tickle instead of kick.
Sleep: Knock on wood, but I've been sleeping pretty good the past few nights.
Symptoms: Still have a lot of heartburn and acid reflux. My doctor gave me a prescription that seems to be helping though. My back is also starting to get a little sore. Still have some fatigue. And of course, the swelling. Very attractive.
What I Miss: Just the ease of moving around, getting out of bed, and bending over.
Cravings: Can't think of any particular this week.
Best Moment of the Week: Celebrating Christmas with my Hubs.
What I am Looking Forward to: My weekly doctor's appointment on Thursday. We are getting a sonogram as well. I can't wait to find out how big Baby Girl is!

No comments:

Post a Comment