Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Baby Sister 34 Weeks

Once again I am late in posting. I'm actually closer to 35 weeks now. Sorry! Life has been crazy!

Baby Sister at 34 Weeks:

Size of Baby? Baby Sister now weighs about 4 3/4 pounds (like your average cantaloupe) and is almost 18 inches long. Her fat layers — which will help regulate her body temperature once she's born — are filling her out, making her rounder. Her skin is also smoother than ever. Her central nervous system is maturing and her lungs are continuing to mature as well. A little bit of good news that my weekly email said - babies born between 34 and 37 weeks who have no other health problems generally do fine. They may need a short stay in the neonatal nursery and may have a few short-term health issues, but in the long run, they usually do as well as full-term babies. I have no reason to think Baby Sister will come early but I'm glad she (read: yours truly) is getting bigger by the day.

Total Weight Gain? 19 lbs.

Maternity Clothes? Yes! I broke out the maternity bathing suits this weekend :)

Sleep? Not that great. I'm up a lot through the night and getting up early. I'm still going to the gym in the mornings. I'm not really doing my jogging/walking combo anymore. Now I just do a faster walk with a little incline. I think my belly is too big to be jogging (even if it was only for 2.5 min intervals).

Symptoms? Lots of tightness and Braxton Hicks contractions. Also, my heartburn and acid reflux has been terrible.

Food Cravings? I made an ice cream run this week. Why not? I only have a few weeks left and I'm going to enjoy it! I also craved jalapenos on my pizza and regretted it for the next 24 hours. I was literally sick from the spicy food (see above for heartburn and acid reflux. Lesson learned).

What I miss? Just the ease of moving around and bending over.

Best Moment of the Week? We had a great Memorial Day Weekend. We celebrated our 5th Anniversary,  the pool is finally open and Mimi (my mom) was in town. More pics to come!

Here I am with Baby Sister -




Here is Nora at 34 Weeks -

Like I said last week, I'm up a few more pounds this preganancy but I don't think I look that much bigger. Maybe I'm just carrying different?? I do think I'm carrying higher this pregnancy...



No comments:

Post a Comment