Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Baby Sister 35 Weeks!


I promise that one of these days I will update on something besides Baby Sister. That will be my goal for the next couple days. For now, here is my weekly update. I'm closer to 36 weeks now but still need to document this past week.

Baby Sister at 35 Weeks:

Size of Baby? Baby Sister doesn't have much room to maneuver now that she's over 18 inches long and tips the scales at 5 1/4 pounds (about the size of a honeydew melon). I'm so curious how big baby sister will be. Nora was 7lbs 15oz and 19 in long. Because she so snug in the womb, she isn't likely to be doing somersaults anymore, but the number of times she kicks should remain about the same. Her kidneys are fully developed now, and her liver can process some waste products. Most of her basic physical development is now complete — she'll spend the next few weeks putting on weight.

Total Weight Gain? 17 lbs. I actually lost a little weight over the past week. Food hasn't sounded great and is getting harder to digest.

Maternity Clothes? Yes!

Sleep? Just ok. I really need to watch what I eat late afternoon/evening because I have been waking up with bad reflux.

Symptoms? Still lots of tightness and minor contractions.

Food Cravings? Like I said above, I haven't had too much of an appetite the past week. When I do feel like something, I go ahead and let myself have it. Lately I've been loving fruit and smoothies. And maybe those three bite size brownies I just ate :)

What I miss? Not too much. Bending over to fasten my sandals the other day was a little bit of a challenge but that comes with the territory.

Best Moment of the Week? We continue to keep getting settled in our new home. This past weekend I washed all of Nora's clothes (0-3 months). I was shocked by how much I had! And I've bought some new things for Baby Sister. Needless to say, we are set for a while. I also stocked up on small diapers. So tiny! The crib and bedding will arrive this week. Pics to come next week!

Here I am with Baby Sister -




Here I am with Nora at 35 weeks -

No comments:

Post a Comment