Wednesday, June 12, 2013

9 Months..plus.


I'm over 9 months pregnant with Baby Sister. I can't believe it. This pregnancy has gone by really fast. I am making my last minute lists to prepare for baby. I had a doctor's appointment yesterday and we got to see our sweet baby with a sonogram. She is perfect! She is measuring right at 36.5/37 weeks. She is head down and taking up every little inch of me. And...she has hair! We could see her little hairs on the sonogram. Nora had a ton of hair so I would have been shocked if we had a bald baby. If I don't have her before, we will induce on July 8. At least that is the plan for now. Here is my weekly update!

Baby Sister at 36 Weeks:

Size of Baby? Baby Sister still packing on the pounds — at the rate of about an ounce a day. She now weighs almost 6 pounds and is more than 18 1/2 inches long (about the size of a head of romaine lettuce). The sonogram tech said that Baby Sister's weight was actually over 6lbs right now.  She's shedding most of the downy covering of hair that covered her body as well as the vernix caseosa, the waxy substance that covered and protected her skin during her nine-month amniotic bath. Your baby swallows both of these substances, along with other secretions, resulting in a blackish mixture, called meconium, will form the contents of her first bowel movement.


Total Weight Gain? 17 lbs. My doctor actually only has me at 15 lbs. I'll stick with 17 though. Like I said last week, I haven't felt great in the evenings. I'm trying to eat as much as I can during the day. The good news is that the baby is right where she needs to be, even a little bit bigger than average. She's just taking everything that goes in me!

Maternity Clothes? Yes!

Sleep? Pretty good. I'm trying to sneak some naps in there too.

Symptoms? Very strong braxton hicks contractions and tightness.

Food Cravings? Lots of fruit. I still love my ice lattes too. Not much else. I haven't cooked in couple weeks because I'm not really eating at night. Maybe just some cereal or a bagel. Poor Chris. One day I'll be back to it!

What I miss? Not too much.

Best Moment of the Week? We are just soaking up the last few weeks with just Nora. We're so excited to have our second daughter but it's bittersweet too. I'm trying to do extra fun things with Nora right now and knock on wood, she has been very well behaved lately. We've had a great time together.

Here I am with Baby Sister -


I had to keep it real with the below photo. Nora will say 'picture!' then be on the move. Life of a two year old.



And here we are with Nora at 36 weeks...

No comments:

Post a Comment