Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Baby Sister 37 Weeks


I'm late posting this week. I've been pretty busy at work. I want to make sure everyone is prepared for when I'm gone. I think my manager is thrilled everyday that I'm still here! Our plan is to still induce on July 8th if she is not here before then. BUT I have a pretty good feeling she will come on her own. My body keeps progressing every week!

Baby Sister at 37 Weeks:

Size of Baby? Your baby is now considered "full term," even though your due date is three weeks away. If you go into labor now, her lungs will likely be mature enough to fully adjust to life outside the womb. Baby Sister weighs 6 1/3 pounds and measures a bit over 19 inches, head to heel (about the size of a bunch of Swiss chard). Many babies have a full head of hair at birth, with locks from 1/2 inch to 1 1/2 inches long. But don't be surprised if your baby's hair isn't the same color as yours. Dark-haired couples are sometimes thrown for a loop when their children come out as blonds or redheads, and fair-haired couples have been surprised by Elvis look-alikes. And then, of course, some babies sport only peach fuzz. I would be shocked if Baby Sister came out with anything but dark hair!

Total Weight Gain? 17 lbs. I've had more of an appetite the past few days so I'm expecting a little weight gain this coming week.

Maternity Clothes? Yes! And my maternity bathing suits. One little girl at the pool goes to me, "Is that your bathing suit?" Yes, unfortunately it us. ha!

Sleep? Not too bad. I'm still up pretty early in the morning but I'm trying to get as much sleep as possible.

Symptoms? Overall tightness and pressure.

Food Cravings? Still fruit and cold items. My sister was in town this past weekend and I had a craving for Mexican food which was SO good.

What I miss? I am a little uncomfortable in the evenings but overall, I feel really good for as far along as I am.

Best Moment of the Week? Just spending time with Nora and Chris. We are really soaking up the next couple weeks of just her.

Here I am with Baby Sister -

I wore a very fitted dress yesterday that really showed off the big bump!

Here is one more from this week...totallycaptures my life. haha.



And here I am with Nora at 37 weeks. I can't believe I did a bare belly shot. What was I thinking??? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment