Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Almost time...38 Weeks.

We are so close to meeting Baby Sister. The plan is to induce on the 7th (making her b-day the 8th!) if she is not here before then. I go to the doctor again tomorrow. I'm anxious to see if I've progressed anymore. I also have several more posts to work on this week. Stay tuned...

Baby Sister at 38 Weeks:

Size of Baby? Baby Sister has really plumped up. She weighs about 6.8 pounds and she is over 19 1/2 inches long (about the size of a leek). She has a firm grasp, which you'll soon be able to test when you hold her hand for the first time! Her organs have matured and are ready for life outside the womb.

Wondering what color your baby's eyes will be? You may not be able to tell right away. If she's born with brown eyes, they'll likely stay brown. If she's born with steel gray or dark blue eyes, they may stay gray or blue or turn green, hazel, or brown by the time she's 9 months old. That's because a child's irises (the colored part of the eye) may gain more pigment in the months after she's born, but they usually won't get "lighter" or more blue.

Total Weight Gain? Holding strong at 17lbs  

Maternity Clothes? Yes!

Sleep? Ok. I squeezed in a good nap this weekend though!

Symptoms? Overall tightness and pressure. And extreme ligament pain in my right hip. I randomly get a shooting pain a few times a day. Baby Sister must be on a nerve or something. I hate to say it, I've also still been getting sick. Just hard to digest a lot of food.

Food Cravings? Fruit and cold items. And ice.

What I miss? I'm still pretty uncomfortable in the evenings but for being 38.5 weeks pregnant, I'm feeling pretty good.

Best Moment of the Week? We are still getting settled into our new house. This weekend we picked out a couple area rugs that made a big difference. We also worked on a few details in the nursery. It's all coming together. Pics to come soon.

Here I am with Baby Sister -



You can really see the belly in my fitted shirt from the gym. Baby Sister is cooked! And my little shadow, Nora, was not into the picture taking this week.

Here I am at 38 weeks with Nora -

No comments:

Post a Comment